- Do you provide free pick up?
Yes, we will pick up and drop you off at your hotel in Saigon. Please provide your hotel address and room number (if available).
- Are the tours given in bad weather?
You go, we go! Yes, the tour goes on rain or shine! In the case of rain we will be able to go inside many of the tasting locations and there are other places where we will be able to stay dry. If it does begin to rain and you no longer wish to continue with the tour, we will happily return you to your hotel and only charge you for the time that we spent together.
- Is it safe to ride a scooter/motorbike in Vietnam?
Driving in Ho Chi Minh City is actually relatively safe. Despite the chaotic driving conditions, accidents are actually quite rare as people drive quite slowly. Local people are adept at avoiding each other. If an accident does happen, it is usually minor due to the low speed. Our guides receive excellent training from us on how to drive defensively and cautiously.
- Are tours and events offered only in English?
Yes, we only offer tours in English at this time. Please contact us
or call +84 90 919 0 247 if you would like to make arrangements for your own interpreter to join the tour.
- Do I need to put down a deposit/prepay to book a tour?
For bookings of 4 people or less, you do not have to put down a deposit to book a tour. For parties of 5 guests and up we require a 20% deposit in order to reserve a booking.
- How far ahead of time do I need to book a tour?
Our taste of the night tour can be booked as late as 2 hours before the tour begins but the taste of the countryside tour must be booked 1 day prior. Please call directly hot line +84909190247 to make sure your booking will be confirmed.
- Do you offer discounted tickets for children, students and seniors?
Child (Age 4 - 10): 75%, below 4 years old: FREE, Students: 10% OFF. Need to send student pass. Currently we do not offer any discounted tickets for seniors.
- What is the maximum group size for your tours?
In order to give you the best possible experience we strive to keep our tour group small. Our “Taste of the night” tour can accommodate 10 people and our “Taste of the countryside” tour can accommodate group of 15. If you have a larger group we are happy to book a private tour for you.
- Your tours include street food. Is it safe to eat?
Every traveler knows that when you are trying many foods from different countries you always run the risk having a bad reaction to the food. Vietnam is no exception and unfortunately we cannot guarantee that you will not get sick from the food on our tours. However street food is actually safer in many ways the food that you get from a restaurant.
• Street food has a very high turnover and is therefore always fresh.
• You are able to see how the food is prepared and what goes into it.
• The restaurants that we pick are popular with local people.
• Every restaurant that we include on our tours is carefully checked by us to ensure that the food is prepared in a safe and hygienic manner.
- Can I book a private tour for my group?
ScootertourSaigon does offer private group tours. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about availability and pricing.
- What are the payment options?
We accept all major credit cards, as well as debit card and Paypal, the premiere secure online payment system.
- What if I am a Vegetarian? What if I have food allergies or dietary restrictions?
For Vegetarians, yes! Please let us know ahead of time by including a message, and we’ll be able to make arrangements for vegetarian options during the tour. If we know in advance, we will do our best to make appropriate substitutions for you on the tours.
- Are there any beverages served?
There is water (sparkling and natural) served, sugar cane juice, beers...
- Should I eat anything before coming?
We recommend that you eat a light meal before joining us for the tours. The amount of food on the tours is significant enough that many people delay or skip dinner afterwards.
- Do I drive scooter myself on the tour?
Unfortunately not. Although riding a motorbike in Vietnam is an enjoyable experience, the traffic patterns in Ho Chi Minh City are quite chaotic and require an experienced and knowledgeable driver to safely navigate. It is also against Vietnamese law to drive without a license and if you get in an accident while driving your insurance will not cover you. Our team of licensed guides has many years of experienced driving safely in Ho Chi Minh City and is happy to drive you around the city. This also allows you to pay more attention to the sights and sounds of the city without worrying about the millions of other motorbikes on the road.
- How do I book the tours?
There are some ways to book tour: